Centers for Disease Control. Lyme disease—United States. MMWR. 1995; 44:459–462.
- Evaluation of five popular methods for tick removal.Pediatrics. 1985; 75: 997-1002
- Duration of tick attachment and Borrelia burgdorferi transmission.J Clin Microbiol. 1987; 25: 557-558
- Duration of adult female Ixodes dammini attachment and transmission of Borrelia burgdorferi, with description of a needle aspiration isolation method.J Infect Dis. 1991; 163: 895-897
- Transmission of Borrelia burgdorferi by Ixodes pacificus nymphs and reservoir competence of deer mice (Peromyscus maniculatus) infected by tick bite.J Parasitol. 1995; 81: 175-178
- Risk of infection with Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato for a host in relation to the duration of nymphal Ixodes ricinus feeding and the method of removal.Zentralbl Bakteriol. 1998; 287: 41-52
- Tick-borne diseases in the United States: Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Colorado tick fever.Acta Trop. 1977; 34: 103-126
- Human babesiosis on Nantucket Island: Prevalence of Babesia microti in ticks.Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1980; 29: 742-746
- The attachment of some ixoidid ticks to their natural hosts.in: Evans G.O. Proceedings of the Second International Congress of Acarology. Akademiai Kiado, Budapest, Hungary1969
- Preliminary studies on virus and spirochete accumulation in the cement plug of ixodid ticks.Exp Appl Acarol. 1996; 20: 713-723
- Current Emergency Diagnosis and Treatment.4th ed. Appleton and Lange, Norwalk, CT1992
- Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, An Integrated Program in Dermatology. Vol.1. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, PA1996
- Polishing off ticks.N Engl J Med. 1983; 309: 992
- Variation on tick removal.Pediatrics. 1986; 78: 378-379
- Tick removal.West J Med. 1984; 140: 99
Johnson and Johnson. First Aid Guide. 08558-9418. Skillman, NJ: Consumer Products Inc; 1990.
- Injury: Insect Bites.Applied Medical Informatics Inc, Salt Lake City, UT1995
- Tick Bite.Mosby-Year Book Inc, St. Louis, MO1995
Moore CT. Fleas, ticks and your pet FAQ. 1997; http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/archive/pets.fleas-ticks.html.
- Removal of attached nymphs and adjults of Ixodes ricinus.J Med Entomol. 1993; 30: 748-752
- Evaluation of subcutaneous injection of local anesthetic agents as a method of tick removal.Am J Emerg Med. 1995; 13: 14-16
- Studies on the removal of embedded lone star ticks Amblyomma americanum.J Econ Entomol. 1962; 55: 273-276
- Chlordimeform: A detachment-stimulating chemical for three host ticks.J Med Entomol. 1974; 11: 569-572
- Incidence of bladder cancer in a cohort of workers exposed to 4 chloro-o-toluidine while synthesizing chlordi-meoform.Br J Ind Med. 1992; 49: 529-531