We read with interest the article by Turgut et al,
1who compared IV paracetamol, dexketoprofen trometamol, and topical lidocaine for pain relief in patients with scorpion stings. We applaud the authors for studying various pain relief modalities for scorpion stings, an important public health issue. However, we have certain concerns regarding the study methodology and authors’ conclusions.
- Turgut K.
- Yavuz E.
- Gülaçtı U.
- Aydın İ.
- Sönmez C.
- Aktaş N.
- et al.
Comparison of intravenous paracetamol, dexketoprofen trometamol, or topical lidocaine use for pain relief in scorpion stings: a placebo-controlled, randomized study.
Wilderness Environ Med. 2022; 33: 379-385
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Wilderness & Environmental Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Comparison of intravenous paracetamol, dexketoprofen trometamol, or topical lidocaine use for pain relief in scorpion stings: a placebo-controlled, randomized study.Wilderness Environ Med. 2022; 33: 379-385
- Clinical consequences of inadequate pain relief: barriers to optimal pain management.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014; 134: 15S-21S
- Emerging options for the management of scorpion stings.Drug Des Devel Ther. 2012; 6: 165-173
- Elemental analysis of scorpion venoms.J Venom Res. 2016; 7: 16-20
- Tramadol: seizures, serotonin syndrome, and coadministered antidepressants.Psychiatry (Edgmont). 2009; 6: 17-21
- Clinical pharmacology of tramadol.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2004; 43: 879-923
- Lethal combination of tramadol and multiple drugs affects serotonin.Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2000; 21: 370-374
- Drugs.com. Lidocaine gel.(Available at:)https://www.drugs.com/cdi/lidocaine-gel.htmlDate accessed: November 5, 2022
- Multimodal analgesia in crotalid snakebite envenomation: a novel use of femoral nerve block.Am J Emerg Med. 2018; 36: 2340.e1-2340.e2
- Regional anesthesia for symptomatic treatment of stingray envenomation.Wilderness Environ Med. 2021; 32: 508-510
- Ultrasound-guided superficial peroneal nerve block: a simple technique for procedural analgesia during dorsalis pedis arterial cannulation.Saudi J Anaesth. 2022; 16: 518-519
Published online: February 17, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
© 2023 Wilderness Medical Society. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.