Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Physiological strain due to load carrying.Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1990; 61: 237-245
- Soldier load carriage: historical, physiological, biomechanical, and medical aspects.Mil Med. 2004; 169: 45-56
- Influence of the weight of a school backpack on spinal curvature in the sagittal plane of seven-year-old children.Biomed Res Int. 2015; 817913
- Effect of load and speed on the energetic cost of human walking.Eur J Appl Physiol. 2005; 94: 76-83
- Effects of heavy load carriage during constant-speed, simulated, road marching.Mil Med. 2007; 172: 592-595
- Effect of load mass on posture, heart rate and subjective responses of recreational female hikers to prolonged load carriage.Appl Ergon. 2011; 42: 403-410
- Relation between postural sway magnitude and metabolic energy cost during upright standing on a compliant surface.J Appl Physiol (1985). 2015; 119: 696-703
- The influence of backpack design on physical performance.Ergonomics. 1992; 35: 149-157
- Left ventricular responses during prolonged treadmill walking with heavy load carriage.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1994; 26: 285-288
- External load can alter the energy cost of prolonged exercise.Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1988; 57: 243-247
- Physiological responses to prolonged treadmill walking with external loads.Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1991; 63: 89-93
- The effect of a backpack hip strap on energy expenditure while walking.Hum Factors. 2017; 59: 1214-1221
- Liguori G. Feito Y. Fountaine C. Roy B.A. General Principles of Exercise Prescription. In: ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription. Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia, PA2022: 142-166
- The effects of training on heart rate; a longitudinal study.Ann Med Exp Biol Fenn. 1957; 35: 307-315
- Non-invasive pulsatile arterial pressure and stroke volume changes from the human finger.Exp Physiol. 2005; 90: 437-446
Watts PB, Jenson RL. The effects of backpack loading styles on energy expenditure and movement in the sagittal plane during treadmill walking. In: Schwameder H, Strutzenberger G, Fastenbauer V, Lindinger S, Müller E, eds. Preceedings of the XXIV International Symposium of Biomechanics in Sports, Salzburg, Austria: 2006:633-66.
- Physiological responses to load carriage during level and downhill treadmill walking.Medicina Sportiva. 2009; 13: 116-124
- Biomechanical and metabolic effects of varying backpack loading on simulated marching.Ergonomics. 2000; 43: 293-309
- Ergonomical studies on load carrying up staircases. IV. Effect of load, rate of ascent and mode.Indian J Med Res. 1971; 59: 145-156
Joseph S, Sengupta A. Effect of backpack carriage position on physiological cost and subjective responses of university students. In: Abram T, Karwowski W, Marek T, eds. Preceedings of the 5th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics. Kraków, Poland: 2014:5899-906.
- Blood pressure response to heart rate during exercise test and risk of future hypertension.Hypertension. 2002; 39: 761-766
- Systolic blood pressure response during exercise stress testing: the Henry Ford exercIse testing (FIT) project.J Am Heart Assoc. 2015; 4e002050
- Blood pressure response to submaximal exercise test in adults.Biomed Res Int. 2016; 5607507
- Effects of load carriage on heart rate, blood pressure and energy expenditure in children.Ergonomics. 2000; 43: 717-727
- Upper extremity hemodynamics and sensation with backpack loads.Appl Ergon. 2014; 45: 608-612
- Shoulder skin and muscle hemodynamics during backpack carriage.Appl Ergon. 2015; 51: 80-84