Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Wilderness & Environmental Medicine
- Avalanche fatalities in the United States: a change in demographics.Wilderness Environ Med. 2016; 27: 46-52
- New snowmobile sales data for winter of 2020-2021.(Available at:)https://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobile-sales-data-2020-2021.htmlDate accessed: December 29, 2021
Fitzgerald KR, Kay JM, Hendrikx J, Johnson J. Backcountry and sidecountry users: an intercept survey approach. International Snow Science Workshop Proceedings, Breckenridge, CO; 2016:1057–1063.
- Sidecountry rescue—who should respond to ski resort out-of-bounds rescues?.Wilderness Environ Med. 2010; 21: 100-102
- Statistics and reporting.(Available at:)https://www.avalanche.state.co.us/accidents/statistics-and-reporting/Date accessed: December 29, 2021
- Avalanche safety practices among backcountry skiers and snowboarders in Jackson Hole in 2016.Wilderness Environ Med. 2018; 29: 493-498
- The impact of avalanche rescue devices on survival.Resuscitation. 2007; 75: 476-483
- Risk of avalanche involvement in winter backcountry recreation: the advantage of small groups.Wilderness Environ Med. 2016; 27: 203-210
- Avalanche safety practices in Utah.Wilderness Environ Med. 2007; 18: 264-270
- Cause of death in Utah avalanche fatalities, 2006-2007 through 2017-2018 winter seasons.Wilderness Environ Med. 2019; 30: 191-194
- A language and environment for statistical computing.(Available at:)https://www.R-project.org/Date accessed: February 20, 2021
Hanke J, Savage C. Throttle decisions: an example of furthering avalanche awareness in the mountain snowmobile community through use of social comparison. International Snow Science Workshop Proceedings, Banff, AB; 2014:1220–3.
- Using discrete choice experiments to examine the stepwise nature of avalanche risk management decisions—an example from mountain snowmobiling.J Outdoor Recreat Tour. 2020; 32: 100165
Haworth C, Hendrikx J, Johnson J, Sykes J. Snowmobilers terrain preferences and exposure to avalanche terrain. International Snow Science Workshop Proceedings, Austria; 2018:1681–3.
- Risk assessment in winter backcountry travel.Wilderness Environ Med. 2009; 20: 269-274
- Travel behavior and decision-making biases of lift access backcountry skiers on saddle peak, bridger mountains, Montana, USA.Montana State University, Bozeman, (Thesis)2018
- Causes of death among avalanche fatalities in Colorado: a 21-year review.Wilderness Environ Med. 2018; 29: 325-329
- The impact of avalanche transceivers on mortality from avalanche accidents.High Alt Med Biol. 2005; 6: 72-77
- Avalanche deaths in the United States: a 45-year analysis.Wilderness Environ Med. 1999; 10: 146-151
- Avalanche fatalities in the western United States: a comparison of three databases.Nat Hazards. 2011; 58: 31-44
- Patterns of death among avalanche fatalities: a 21-year review.CMAJ. 2009; 180: 507-512